Duck gizzard with mushroom wine sauce
Two weeks ago I posted a Chinese duck gizzard recipe with instructions on how to prepare the meat, and promised another one showcasing this very palatable and quite delicious offal. Well today I made it using Western ingredients.
Inspired by a local restaurant that served red wine sauce with their chicken, I searched for something similar and found it on Whole Foods. With a little substitution of parsley for the rosemary from my fridge, I created a little something for my duck gizzards to simmer in. Recipe below.
1 lb duck gizzards
1-2 Tbsp butter
3/4 lb crimini mushrooms
1/4 cup red wine
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/8 tsp black pepper
dash of salt
1. Roughly chop garlic and let sit to enhance health benefits. Set aside.
2. Slice mushrooms and chop parsley.
3. Heat butter on high until hot. Add garlic and mushrooms and saute for several minutes, until garlic is slightly browned.
4. Add gizzards and red wine. Turn heat down to medium and let simmer for a few minutes before adding parsley and black pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add salt to taste before turning off heat. Stir and spoon on top of choice of starch.